- Model name:Predictor for theseasonal Arctic sea ice based on statistical regression
Sea ice prediction
- Share mode：Code
- Temporal resolution：Only September
- Model driven data：Weekly Melt pond fraction; Daily sea ice concentration; Daily polynya
- Model main output：Coverage area of Arctic sea ice (Sep.);
- Model output format：ASCII；NetCDF
This is a linear regression model to reproduce the ice extent (Ysie) using the pond fraction (Xmpf) as the predictor. The regression model can be expressed as: Ysie = A + BXmpf + e, where A and B are determined by the least squares approach and e is the model residual.